Home >> Int’l Cooperation >> Join Us

Join Us

Join Us

   Visa category

  If you are invited to visit XIEG, there are 2 types visa usually you can choose: “F”(business) or “Z”(working).
  “F” visa is suitable for the visitors for short term visiting usually within 90 days. “Z” visa is suitable for the visiting scholars and international Post Doctors who are going to stay or work in XIEG for more than 90 days, or to be formally employed by XIEG. 
  For more detailed visa information, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China: http://cs.mfa.gov.cn/wgrlh/lhqz/lhqzjjs/

  Visiting / working in Xinjiang

  Before entering China
  1. Applying for a “F” visa
  To apply for “F” Visa, you will need an official invitation letter from the hosting institute. Thus, please send your personal information (as listed below) to the partner  at XIEG who has invited you. He or she will contact our International Cooperation Division of XIEG  to apply for an “Formal Invitation Letter” from the HQs of CAS for you.
  The information should include: Name, Gender, Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport type and number, Passport expiration date, Profession and title, Expected date of arrival in China, Expected date of departure, city name of the Chinese embassy or Consulate General where you will apply for the visa.
  If you intend to apply for a multiple entry visa, you should also provide an electronic copy of any previous “F” category visas you were issued, and your plan for future visits to China (at least 2 more entries to China within one year, with the purpose, time, place, and source of funding for your visits).
  An official invitation letter requires at least ten working days to process. Applicants should initiate the process as early in their travel plans as possible.

  2. Applying for a “Z” visa

  Below is the current application procedure for Z type visa. Please refer to this procedure and obtain your visa before come to XIEG. We also suggest that you should consult the  staff at the  International Cooperation Division of XIEG  if you have any questions during the visa application.
  Step 1: Applying for a Notification Letter of Foreigner’s Work Permit in China (which normally needs one month). Your partner at XIEG will apply for that for you in China. You need to provide the documents as following: 
  1、Certificate for working experience 
  2、Certificate for highest degree(Chinese/English version)
  3、No Criminal Record Commitment
  4、Commitment Letter of Physical Examination 
  5、Employment contract(Chinese/English version)
  6、Copy of first page of passport with personal information
  7、A recent passport-sized digital photograph (in color)
  8、Relevant documents of the accompanying family member(if any)
  Step 2: XIEG staff will send the electronic version of the Notification Letter of Foreigner’s Work Permit to you.
  Step 3: Present the Notification Letter and other relevant documents at your local Chinese Embassy or Consulate Office when applying for a Z visa.

  Note: Please note that different countries or cities may require different visa application materials. Please visit the website of the local Chinese Consulate General or embassy to check exactly which materials are necessary before making your application. You are kindly reminded that you need at least 45 days  for the whole visa application process.

  After entering China

  Step 1: Applying for the Temporary Residential Registration within 24 hours of your arrival in Xinjiang.

  If you are staying at a hotel, the hotel could do this for you, but still need to check with the Reception desk.
  If you are staying at XIEG guest house, please ask your partner to help you do this at the local police station.
  If you are staying in other private accommodation, you will have to register at the local police station of community as well; please ask your House-owner to help you on this matter.
  The documents needed for the Temporary Residential Registration are: official Letter from XIEG, copy of passport and “Z” or “F” visa.
  Step 2: Complete your medical check and get an official Health Certificate. (Only for the experts with “Z” visa )
  This has to be done at the Xinjiang International Travel Healthcare Centre (116 North Nanhu Road, Shuimogou District, Urumqi) 
  The documents you need to provide are: copy of passport and “Z” visa., and two photos.
  Step 3: Apply for the Foreigner’s Work Permit within 15 days of entry into Xinjiang. (Only for the experts with “Z” visa )
  XIEG staff will help you prepare the necessary documents and apply for the Work Permit for you. 
  The documents you need to provide are: copy of passport, “Z” Visa, employment contract and Health Certificate.
  Step 4: Applying for the Residence Permit within thirty (30) days of entry into Xinjiang. (Only for the experts with “Z” visa )
  After obtaining the Work Permit, you should present the Work Permit and other relevant documents to the Entry-Exit Administration (Yiming Dasha: 299 Zhungaer Street, Shuimogou District, Urumqi) to apply for the Residence Permit. XIEG staff will help you prepare necessary documents, you will have to apply in person.
    Please follow with this procedure: local community Police Office – Ergong Police Station(Henan Road)- Public Security Sub-division of Xinshi District(B-1, Innovation Square in Siping Road)- Ergong Xiang Police Station(Middle Shaoxing Street)-Yiming Dasha
  1. After you get the Residence Permit, please submit scanned copy of Residence Permit and Work Permit to the staff of the International Cooperation Division. 
  2. Extension Residence Permit and Work Permit
  After obtaining a valid Chinese visa (or the Residence Permit), you are kindly advised to pay special attention to the period of validity of the visa and the length of stay in China. If you still need to stay in Xinjiang after the expiration of the stay, you should contact the Science and Technology Department of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and the Exit and Entry Administration Department of Urumqi Public Security Bureau for the extension of Work Permit and Residence Permit 45 days before the expiry date of your original Work Permit and Residence Permit.
  Most of the procedures should be done with the help of XIEG staffs, so please keep in close contact with them throughout the process and let them know if you have any questions.
  Related links:
  About Work in China
  How to work legally in China?
  Useful Numbers
  Emergency Numbers
  Police: 110
  Fire: 119
  Ambulance: 120
  Traffic accidents: 122
  Security office of CAS Xinjiang Branch: 0991-3836213
  Security office of XIEG: 0991-7885505
  International Cooperation Division of XIEG: 0991-7885504