High-level Talent Recruitment National Key Laboratory of Ecological Security and Sustainable Development in Arid Region (proposed)
The National Key Laboratory of Ecological Security and Sustainable Development in Arid Region (proposed) is led by Xinjiang Institute of Ecology and Geography of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), and co-sponsored by Northwest Institute of Eco-Environment and Resources of CAS.
The National Key Laboratory of Ecological Security and Sustainable Development in Arid Region (proposed) is now looking for science and technology innovation leader (including director of the laboratory and vice-director of the laboratory), and young key academic and technical personnel.
I. Key research areas
Include but are not limited to:
1. Water cycle and water resources security in arid regions
2. Desertification process and ecological barrier construction in arid regions
3. Human-earth relationship and its sustainable development in arid regions
II.Job Titles and Position Qualifications
1. Science and technology innovation leader (including director of the laboratory and vice-director of the laboratory)
(1) Long-term and rich research experience in related fields with highly recognized academic level and influence, strategic insight and international perspective, peer-approved research achievements; associate professor or above or equivalent academic qualifications at well-known research institutions, universities or large enterprises at home and abroad; 50 years of age or less, but this requirement may be flexible for exceptional candidates.
(2) Candidates for the director of the laboratory and vice director of the laboratory should also have strong scientific research organization capability and team management skills, 45 years or under, top-notch talent from non-CAS institutions.
(3) Work full-time after employed.
2. Young key academic and technical personnel
(1) Peer recognized achievements in basic science research or technology research and development, potential to grow into academic leaders or leading personnel in their research fields. Have excellent science and technology innovation potential, good scientific research management capability and teamwork ability.
(2) At least 3 years (including) of research experience in well-known research institutions, universities or R&D institutions at large enterprises, or with an associate professor or equivalent position; terms can be softened for those with an overseas doctoral degree and outstanding achievements.
(3) 40 years of age or less, but this requirement may be flexible for exceptional candidates.
(4) Work full-time after employed.
III.Wages and benefits
Wages and benefits can be negotiated.
1. Employment type and position: staff of government-affiliated institution, senior professional technical position or above;
2. Start-up fund: start-up fund of more than 3 million yuan for innovation leader, more than 2 million yuan for young key academic and technical personnel; strong support for application of national, CAS and regional talent programs and research programs;
3. Wages: agreed remuneration, at least 1 million yuan per year for innovation leader, and 0.6 million yuan for young key academic and technical personnel;
4. Housing security: fully-furniture housing provided;
5. Team establishment: support for research team establishment and graduate enrollment quota application;
6. Additional benefits: assistance in arrangements for children’s schooling and spousal employment; assistance in application of work permits, entry visas and residence permits; quality annual medical care and annual health check-ups.
1. Materials needed
All applicants should apply via email, and submit the following materials:
(1) Job application form (see file attached);
(3) At least two recommendation letters from peer experts;
(4) Additional materials in one PDF file, including first pages of representative works and papers, degree certificates/diplomas, major certificates of awards, and other qualification materials.
This recruitment notice is valid for a long time. After the preliminary trial is passed, the time for defense will be notified separately.
（1）Xinjiang Institute of Ecology and Geography, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: South Beijing Road 818, Urumqi, Xinjiang
Department: Division of Personnel
Contact person: Mr. Liu
（2）Northwest Institute of Eco-Environment and Resources, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: Donggang West Road 320, Lanzhou, Gansu Province
Department: Division of Human Resources
Contact person: Mr. Wang